Friday, February 7, 2014

The Top 10 Most Awesome TV and Movie Dads

Like many people, I enjoy sitting on my butt watching an episode of The Walking Dead on Netflix. This always ends up turning into 14 episodes thanks to Netflix's "post-play" feature or as it is better known: Netflix's "bedtime was going to be 11:30 and now it's 3:15 AM and I promise I will stop at the end of this episode" feature.  Ever since I became a dad I have watched how dads interact on TV and movies I have noticed that there are a whole bunch of awesome dads on TV and in movies, and there are a whole bunch of crappy dads too. I decided to put together a list of my favorite TV and movie dads and a list of the TV and movie dads I hate most. Today you will get to enjoy my favorite TV and movie dads. Check back soon for the ones I hate most!

#10 - Chris Gardner - The Pursuit of Happyness 

Played by: Will Smith

#9 - Bryan Mills - Taken

Played by: Liam Neeson

#8 - Marlin - Finding Nemo

Voiced by: Albert Brooks

#7 - Marshall Eriksen - How I Met Your Mother

Played by: Jason Segel

#6 - Tim Taylor - Home Improvement

Played by: Tim Allen

#5 - Mufasa - Lion King

Vocied by: James Earl Jones

#4 - Phil Dunphy - Modern Family

Played by: Ty Burrell

#3 - Danny Tanner - Full House

Played by: Bob Saget

#2 - Clark Griswold - Vacation Series

Played by: Chevy Chase

#1 - Ron Swanson - Parks and Recreation

Played by: Nick Offerman
*Just some clarification on this one.  Ron Swanson is a step-dad and a dad to be.  The reason he is #1 is because he is the epitome the awesomest dad in my mind.  Maybe that's because he is kinda like my old man.

Honorable Mention - Dr. Alex Hesse - Juinor

Played by: Arnold Schwarzenegger

2 comments:

  1. Hey I like this list. Everyone of those was spot on. I'm looking forward to this blog. Keep em coming

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you think I have a lot in common with that guy, why? because we both like meat. What's not to like? Your old man

    ReplyDelete